Wednesday, October 28, 2009

THE NEW LUX AD

Have you seen the new Lux beauty soap ad. For those of you who have caught this ad over the years , its always been seductive , a mesmerising quality and a larger than life portrayal , since it always starred some bollywood heroine ! She tempted you and teased you to try ,"her" soap !

Well its been Aishwarya for a while now and that's why I am disappointed with the new ad. It lacks the style of the earlier one's. And unfortunately Aishwarya skin seems to have lost its sparkle (is it age?) The ad is executed very ordinarily , and honestly, Aishwarya seems very disinterested while sailing through it. And then to show her in a teardrop , which cheekily reminds one of the Dabur Almond Drop hair oil ad! And finally bringing in Abhishek at the end of it was really in poor taste ! As far as I understood she was not promoting a, "Buy 1 get 1 free" scheme....take me and Abhishek comes free ....Touche !

I think this is where some FMCG's go wrong in their marketing. While it is a good idea to have the same brand ambassador to maintain the relevancy and aspirational quality of the product....the company must never forget the product and its attributes . Lux is a beauty soap and holding onto Aishwarya , when she is unable to hold on to her beauty... I feel, is unfair to the product and the ambassador.

HUL has to think of someone new and fresh for the ad .........it's serious ......they should not jesbeat it!

1 comment:

  1. Now I know what I missed when I didn't have you as my marketing teacher in Sem 2 ;)...but seriously the new LUX ad is not upto the mark...Ash's grown old...

    ReplyDelete