Sunday, October 25, 2009

JULIE AND JULIA

Hey , I am sure most of you have forgotten me. I am really playing truant with my blog....no excuses , really had nothing interesting to say......but today i saw this film and it so much reminded me of me (always restless about fulfilling dreams)
Julie and Julia is the story of two women in different eras.....following similar dreams , they share a common passion ...that for cooking and how each one of them, in their time fulfill a dissatisfaction within them to do something more than the usual mundane life in which they are trapped. Both have extremely loving and supportive husbands who egg them on to fulfill their dreams.
It's a simple story, but so well told. The time zones are so beautifully portrayed..Paris in the early nineties and Queens in the US in year 2002 . It is based on a real life story. The cinematic treatment reminded me of Imtiaz Ali's , "Love Aaj Kal" , you know , two stories blending into each other .
Catch it if you can. However a warning to the vegetarians. Since it is full of scenes showing non-veg cooking, am not sure the visuals will be palatable to you........Go at your own risk !

1 comment:

  1. Offfooo Maám...you could be an innovative film critic...was wondering why you were not uploading new articles...by the way belated happy b'day maám (didnt know any other medium through which I could wish u...)

    ReplyDelete