Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I AM DOIN NOTHIN....

In these days of economic downturn , I guess the jobs are not easy to get by. Very often , I meet fresh graduates who are still struggling to find a foothold in the world of "jobs". On enquiry , most reply , " I am doing nothing"
Contradicting words. "Doing" on one hand and "Nothing" on the other....
Man cannot, not do anything at any point of time. If nothing physically, he/she is always thinking , you cannot keep your mind unattended, stagnant... there has to be constant movement of thoughts.
Jes remember, we are no less than the earth ! Just as you have to turn the spades , for the earth to yield crops , so also you have to consciously keep your mind ticking for it to discover new aspects about you , for you !
If the earth is not turned , it will harden. So also , if you do not keep yourself mentally agile, you too run the risk of standstilling !
Fuel yourself with enthusiasm all the time . More than intelligence , this is one asset which can make you win the world. Dream as much as you can. Plan the way you can fulfill it. Even if it seems impossible at the time, don't push it away...keep moving it forward.....
I have tried it umpteen times and believe me it has worked...may be not immediately , but eventually , yes...
The number of "rejection slips" my , "fictions" got , could make me a dupatta by joining them....but I never gave up...I kept sending them to others and yet others till eventually they got published !
I dread to think what I could have lost , if I had allowed my enthusiasm to slip !
So next time some one asks you, as to what you are doing ...jes say , "I am very busy with my thoughts these days"
c'mon ......jesbeatit !

2 comments:

  1. Perfect ma'am. Perfect for graduates like us... d only thing dat keeps the otherwise stagnant minds going is the rejections...
    if the world was filled with flowers, then how would v get the fruits ;)

    ReplyDelete