Friday, August 21, 2009

On Being Remembered

The other day at a social do, we were discussing as to how we would like to be remembered after we were dead. Most said they would like to be remembered as , "good human beings" ! Cliched answers , but I guess it made them happy . When posed to me , I replied that I did not want to be remembered at all ! For the kind of vibrancy and energy I exude , I guess no one believed me. But it IS the truth. Imagine carrying my ego with me even in death ! Every tiny success that I have enjoyed in life has not only humbled me but has also made me conscious of the bigger hand that is working through me. Then what's mine to hold on to ?
Whenever anyone has thanked me for touching their lives , believe me , I have been embarassed, why ? Simple ......Thanks to my chatter box nature , there are so many people who are a part of my life ...so many of them are not impressed about me, or anything about me. Then where is my credit ?
If I have touched anybody's life , the credit goes to them , for being open to change or emulate something with which they connect. Its about their growth , without stunting me.I guess I am also a concoction of the influence of so many people and books !
Then what is it that I should be wanting to hold onto ? Life is a journey , let me travel , lightweight !
Huh , jesbeatit !

3 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! well written...and soo true!! love the "Life is a journey , let me travel , lightweight!" and "I guess I am also a concoction of the influence of so many people and books!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. great... speachless!!!! i wasn realli acquainted to this side of yours, ur whole blog i mean... :)
    but its amazing... truly is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish they had a like button on blogger :D

    ReplyDelete